Here you can find answers to our most frequently asked questions!
- Where is the Ancoats Dispensary?
- How did the Ancoats Dispensary Trust begin?
- What is the long-term plan for the Dispensary?
- What is the current condition of the Dispensary?
- Who owns the Dispensary?
- How do I get involved with the Trust?
- What are the demographics of your membership base?
- What is the organisational structure of the Trust?
- Do you have a fixed address that I can write to?
- Where can I buy your merchandise?
- Can I donate to the Trust?
1. Where is the Ancoats Dispensary?
The Dispensary is located on Old Mill Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6EB. Ancoats is a small area of Manchester City Centre known as the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution.
2. How did the Ancoats Dispensary Trust begin?
The Trust began in 2011 as a reactionary movement in opposition to the proposed demolition of the Ardwick and Ancoats Dispensary; the last remaining building of the historic Ancoats Hospital. Originally named 'Fight2SaveAncoatsDispensary' and then 'Save Ancoats Dispensary', we are now officially known as the Ancoats Dispensary Trust.
3. What is the long-term plan for the Dispensary?
In partnership with voluntary, statutory public bodies and local businesses, the Trust is developing a sustainable long-term plan for the Dispensary that includes restoration and reintegration as a community beacon with future community involvement and participation.
4. What is the current condition of the Dispensary?
The Dispensary, as a consequence of having no roof, is currently bearing the brunt of the elements and the associated problems that this brings to any building. It is also surrounded by scaffolding which makes the building partially hidden from sight. Although a recent structural survey conducted on behalf of the Trust showed that the building is structurally sound, for health and safety reasons it is not possible to go inside until restoration has been completed.
5. Who owns the Dispensary?
The Dispensary is currently owned by Castlefield-based property developers Urban Splash. Ownership of the Dispensary will be transferred to the Trust when the Trust have successfully raised enough funding to complete restoration.
6. How do I get involved with the Trust?
7. What are the demographics of your membership base?
The Ancoats Dispensary Trust is made up of a diverse bunch of talented and passionate individuals who work tirelessly to secure the future of the Dispensary. They cover a broad range of fields, young and old, ranging from university students, working professionals, local stakeholders and public officials.
8. What is the organisational structure of the Trust?
The organisational structure of the Ancoats Dispensary Trust is that of a Private Company Limited by Guarantee. Our details with Companies House can be found here, or by searching Company Name 'Ancoats Dispensary Trust' or Company Number '08769910'.
9. Do you have a fixed address that I can write to?
Yes! We can receive letters/parcels addressed to: Ancoats Dispensary Trust, 103A Victoria Square, Manchester, M4 5EA.
10. Where can I buy your merchandise?
You can purchase official merchandise through our e-shop here.
11. Can I donate to the Trust?
Yes you can! Please see donation information here.